Copywriting is an essential skill for any business. If you want to create compelling content or delve further into content marketing that engages your audience and drives conversions through search engines, you need to use the right copywriting tools. In this blog post, we will discuss 9 essential copywriting tools that will help you create better content.
What is a copywriting tool?
A copywriting tool is anything that helps you create or improve your writing process or helps you write copy. This can be a simple checklist of things to keep in mind when writing, or it can be a more complex AI copywriting software application that helps you plan and organize your thoughts, or actually write them for you!
Copywriting tools for online or offline
Copywriting tools can help you save time, remove writer’s block, reduce professional copywriter costs and improve the quality of your content. By using the right copywriting tools, you can ensure that your content is clear, concise, and persuasive. Additionally, copywriting tools can help you stay organized and on track while writing.
Here are a few of the copywriting tools that can help you create content whether it is online or offline.
- A copywriting brief: A copywriting brief is a document that outlines the goals, target audience, and key messages for a piece of content. A copywriting brief can help you stay focused and on track while writing.
- A copywriting style guide: A copywriting style guide is a document that outlines the preferred style and tone for a piece of content. A copywriting style guide can help you ensure that your content is consistent and easy to read.
- An editorial calendar or content planning tool: An editorial calendar is a tool that helps you plan and organize your content. An editorial calendar can help you ensure that your content is timely and relevant.
- A thesaurus: A thesaurus is a tool that helps you find alternative words and phrases for your copy. A thesaurus can be helpful when you want to avoid repetition or find more interesting ways to say things.
- A dictionary: A dictionary is a tool that helps you understand the meanings of words and phrases. A dictionary can be helpful when you come across unfamiliar terms or want to check the accuracy of your copy.
- A grammar checker: A grammar checker is a tool that helps you identify and correct errors in your copy. A grammar checker can be helpful when you want to ensure that your content is error-free.
- A spell checker: A spell checker is a tool that helps you identify and correct spelling errors in your copy. A spell checker ensures that your content is error-free.
- Keyword research tools: Keyword research tools help you identify the keywords and phrases that your target audience is searching for. Keyword research tools can be helpful when you want to ensure that your content is relevant and visible.
- A content management system: A content management system is a tool that helps you store, organize, and publish your content. A content management system can be helpful when you want to ensure that your content is accessible and easy to find.
- A mind map: A mind map is a tool that helps you brainstorm and organize your thoughts. A mind map can be helpful when you want to generate new ideas or find creative ways to approach a topic.
- An idea generator: An idea generator is a tool that helps you generate new ideas for your copy. An idea generator can be helpful when you’re feeling stuck or want to explore different possibilities for your content.
What things can copywriting tools do
Nowadays the above copywriting tools are still relevant when it comes to helping with writing copy. In addition to the above there are some great new online content generator tools that we find invaluable. Here are some of the things they can do:
Help you come up with ideas
If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas for your content, a tool like Portent’s Content Idea Generator or Answer the Public can help. Simply enter a keyword or phrase, and these generators will provide you with a list of ideas to consider.
Help you improve your headlines
A tool like CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer, Answer the Public or Portent’s content idea generator can help you write headlines that are more likely to succeed. Enter your headline, and the tool will provide you with a score based on factors like length, word choice, and emotional impact. Some of the headline generators will also provide a headline quality score which is good for SEO.
Help you actually write the content
AI copywriting tools like Jasper, will help you with so many marketing elements online. Such as creating blogs, articles, social media posts, meta descriptions, subject lines, ad copy, landing pages, email copy, etc.
Help you plan and organize your thoughts
A tool like Trello can help you organize your thoughts and plan your content in a visual way. Create a board for each project, and add cards with ideas, to-dos, and resources.
Help you format and style your copy
A tool like Wordable can help you format and style your copy in a matter of seconds. Simply copy and paste your text into the app, and it will automatically convert it into a beautiful, easy-to-read document.
Help you find images for your content
A tool like Unsplash can help you find high-quality images to use in your content. Enter a keyword or phrase, and the app will provide you with a variety of free photos to choose from.
Why you should use a Copywriting Tool in your business
Content is king, and copywriting is the key to creating compelling content. By using an AI copywriting tool, you can save time, improve your writing, and create better content. So if you’re not using a copywriting tool yet, what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Here are our top 9 Copywriting Tool picks
Overview: Wordable is a copywriting tool that helps you format and style your copy in a matter of seconds.
Pricing: Wordable’s pricing is based on the number of exports you do per month. The more exports you do the cheaper per export.
2. CoSchedule Headline Analyzer
Overview: CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer is a tool that helps you write headlines that are more likely to succeed. CoSchedule is actually a marketing management tool, and the headline analyzer is one of the many tools that is available in it.
Pricing: CoSchedule’s pricing is based on the number of users on your team. They have a free plan and a Pro plan which starts at $39.00USD per month and a Marketing Suite which is custom pricing.
Overview: Jasper is an AI content tool that helps you with a variety of tasks, including creating blogs, articles, social media posts, and more. Jasper is one of the best AI copywriting tools you should try.
Pricing: Jasper’s pricing is based on the number of tasks you need it to do per month. Jasper has three plans, Starter at $29 per month, Boss Mode at $59 per month and then a Business plan that requires custom pricing.
4. Surfer SEO
Overview: Surfer SEO is an all-in-one copywriting tool that helps you with keyword research, competitor analysis, and website copy ideas.
Pricing: Surfer SEO’s pricing is based on the number of keywords you need to track per month. They have a free plan and three paid plans, Basic Plan starts at $59.00USD per month, Pro Plan at $119.00USD per month and a Business Plan at $239.00 per month.
5. Portent Content Idea Generator
Overview: Portent’s Content Idea Generator is a free copywriting tool that helps you generate ideas for content and blog posts. Just enter a keyword, and the generator will provide you with an idea for your blog content.
Pricing: Portent’s Content Idea Generator is free to use.
Overview: Trello is a copywriting tool that helps you plan and organize your copywriting tasks in a visual way. Just add cards with ideas, to-dos, and resources, and you’ll have a copywriting plan in no time.
Pricing: Trello is free for individual use, but they also have three paid plans. Standard at $5.00USD per month, Premium at $10.00USD per month and Enterprise at $17.50USD per month.
7. Hemingway Editor
Overview: The Hemingway Editor is a tool that helps you make your writing clearer, simpler, and easier to read. It highlights any errors or awkward phrases and provides suggestions on how to improve them.
Pricing: The Hemingway Editor is free to use on the web. They also have a desktop app version that starts at $19.99 per year.
Overview: Grammarly is a tool that helps you proofread your copy and identify grammatical errors. It also provides recommendations on how to improve your copy.
Pricing: Grammarly is free to use on the web and they also have a premium version that starts at $12.00USD per month and a Business version that starts at $15.00USD per month.
9. Article Forge
Overview: Article Forge is a tool that helps you generate articles on any topic. Just input a keyword and Article Forge will generate an article for you.
Pricing: Article Forge’s pricing is based on the number of articles you need to generate per month. They have a Basic plan at $27.00USD per month, Standard Plan at $57.00USD per month and Unlimited Plan at $117.00USD per month.
Will copywriting tools ever replace humans?
Copywriting tools can help you save time, improve your writing, and create better content. However, they will never replace humans. Copywriting is an art, and it’s one that can only be perfected with practice and experience. We can’t recommend the above tools enough as these copywriting tools are a great resource.