It takes a fair bit of time and effort to get your on-page SEO just right. After you’ve done your keyword research, written your content, optimised it, and published it, most people think they’re done and leave it at that.
But then they wonder why they’re not getting the amount of website traffic they were hoping for. It’s all too common for people to neglect to support their SEO by promoting their content. If you simply publish your work and hope for the best, your results will be mediocre at best.
So how can you show off your content and support your SEO to give it a little extra boost? Follow these simple tips:
1) Email your subscriber list and let them know you’ve got a new blog post up, new page on your website, or whatever your content happens to be
2) Share it on your social media sites. You can’t expect your readers to share it if you don’t even do this yourself. Share your content on your business pages, but also find some groups or communities to share with if you think they’d be interested in your piece.
3) Email your sources directly. If you’ve linked to another website in your blog, send them a quick email and let them know you’ve referenced them. If your reference is a positive one, they might share your post too and double your audience.
4) Share on LinkedIn. If you have specific contacts on LinkedIn you think would be interested in your content, send them a direct message and let them know about it. But be careful with this – don’t message random people and annoy them.
5) Share your content more than once. Just posting about your latest blog once usually isn’t enough. It’s perfectly fine to recycle your content and share posts every few months. You’ll get a different audience each time and therefore new traffic and potential new leads.
The main point to remember is that posting your content and hoping for the best usually isn’t enough. You need to blow your own trumpet and let people know about what you’ve written so you can drive new traffic and new leads to your website.
What are some other ways you promote your content? Let us know in the comments.
If you need a hand with your on-page SEO please feel free to download our free eBook called The Ultimate Beginners Guide to SEO.