Many people avoid putting together a Google AdWords campaign simply because it looks so complicated! With a dashboard full of keyword options, click rates, statistics and more, it can be overwhelming to the point where you avoid it all together.
However, running a Google AdWords campaign can give you an excellent return on investment (ROI). Even with a small daily budget, you can make sure people are clicking on your ad.
Here are our top tips for getting the best results from your campaign.
- Work out what you want people to do (hint – “sending them to your website” isn’t specific enough). Do you want them to complete a lead form? Make a purchase? Book an appointment? Make sure you’re very clear on this before you write your ad.
- Target your ads. With your goal from above in mind, write your ad so it is specific to the kind of person you want to attract.
- Choose your keyword wisely. The keyword phrase with the most amount of traffic isn’t necessarily going to be the best choice. A phrase with less traffic, but with more targeted and specific traffic, might provide better results.
- Test your ads. Or even run a few at the same time to see which one works best. Monitor continuously so you can see what’s happening. Some ads might get very few clicks, but those clicks have a high conversion rate. Other ads might get plenty of clicks, but your conversion rate is very low.
- Track your conversions. When you know which keywords are triggering a sale, you can use it to your advantage to increase your ROI. Without proper tracking in place, you can’t trace where the clicks are coming from.
- Try Google’s remarketing feature. Remarketing enables you to show your ads in a display format on other websites which can help bring people back to your site. Have you ever gone to a website and got distracted and then when you saw the ad again it reminded you that you meant to follow up with it? This is the power of remarketing. It also really helps with branding online and can make your business appear larger than it is by having advertising in a lot of areas where your target audience is searching online.
When you set up your Google AdWords campaign well, choose optimal keyword phrases and track your conversion rates, you’ll be well on your way to having a great ad in place that gives you a good return on your investment.
For help with getting a successful campaign in place for your business, using AdWords and other online marketing strategies, check out this free eBook on B2B Marketing strategies or feel free to get in touch with us here.