Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a crucial tool for attracting and retaining visitors on your website. Because SEO is always changing, agency owners and marketing teams have to keep up with it. This can become very time-consuming and require a lot of effort on the agency’s part. Thankfully, seo automation software can help.
SEO Automation Tools
SEO automation tools help businesses put many of their routine SEO tasks on autopilot so they can maximize productivity and improve their return on investment by getting the most out of their marketing budgets and efforts. Understanding this, let us look at what SEO agencies and marketing agencies know about the SEO process and how these tools can help you automate tasks to achieve SEO success.
What Is SEO Automation?
SEO includes a lot of repetitive tasks which are typically done manually. However, this does not have to be the case because automation can help you do these repetitive tasks more efficiently. SEO automation tools can save you a lot of time and money, both of which are valuable for any savvy marketer, business owner or agency.
By taking over these repetitive tasks for you, SEO automation tools leave you with more for the creative process which includes coming up with new strategies and doing other tasks beneficial for your websites and clients.
Is It Possible to Automate SEO?
Yes, SEO automation is possible. The most important thing is knowing what you can and need to automate for these repetitive SEO tasks and what tools to use to achieve what you need to.
What Can I Automate?
Since SEO entails so much and so many things, there is a lot that you can do to automate SEO tasks. However, you have to be strategic about what you automate and what you handle manually. For example, SEO automation tools can streamline analysis and reporting, but they cannot replace the hands-on aspect of completing some tasks, especially technical SEO elements.
So, what can you automate?
- Backlink analysis – Backlink analysis checks which websites are linking to your website. Remember that the more backlinks a website has, the higher it ranks. Agencies have to perform backlink analysis regularly to remove shady or spammy links that can lead to a penalty. Both for inbound and outbound links.
- Site monitoring – Anything that is broken on your website can cause potential SEO issues. Messy pages, poor keyword use and broken links are just some of the things you need to keep an eye on.
- Rank tracking – Keeping an eye on how your website is ranking will let you know if your SEO efforts are working and if you need to tweak You need to watch keyword rankings each month to see what your potential customers are responding to.
- Competitor monitoring – Agencies and businesses should always be trying to find ways to outrank their competition. The best SEO automation tools help you keep an eye on competitors so the agency or its client comes out on top.
What Are SEO Tools?
SEO tools are simply the tools agencies, SEO experts and marketers use for different SEO tasks. They can be manual or automated tools as we will see below.
6 SEO Automation Tools to Manage Your SEO Campaigns
Each SEO automation tool does something specific very well and so you may need to deploy more than one. So, which ones should you include in your toolset?
Surfer SEO is an incredibly useful SEO tool for content analysis. It is designed to help you optimize your content for SEO by checking over 500 on-page signals to help you ensure your content ranks well. It also has an incredibly useful keyword research tool. You can load your documents into the tool, and it will show you how to better optimize the page.
Surfer SEO can perform a detailed breakdown of Google’s first page results to tell you things like the average word count of the pages ranking on the first page, how many headings they are using and other data points that many other SEO tools do not have.
SEMrush is a marketing and SEO tool, but it has some of the most comprehensive SEO tools in the market. Its SEO tools help with:
- Keyword research – Automating this process saves you the time and effort it takes to do proper keyword analysis manually
- Backlink analysis
- Technical SEO audits
- Search engine result page analysis
Combined, these functions can help you put together a comprehensive SEO strategy that produces amazing results.
If you are looking for an SEO automation tool that comes with everything you could need, Ahrefs is the tool for you. The five main automation tools you get with Ahrefs include:
- Site audit – Helping you stay ahead of issues on your website
- Site explorer – See how your competitors are doing, what they are and are not doing, and any potential issues they have so you can avoid them
- Keyword explorer
- Content explorer – To help you know which content to produce
- Rank tracker
SEO Powersuite is a powerful SEO automation tool that allows agencies to conduct keyword research, analyze backlinks, monitor rankings and much more. The tool also has a set of unique features such as helping agencies get location-specific rankings and keywords, schedule different tasks and prioritize keywords when doing an analysis.
It also has a W3C validation tool that helps ensure you have done your on-page SEO right and that there are no HTML validation errors that could interfere with crawling and indexing. Agencies can also create and export reports in multiple languages.
SEO Powersuite also provides reports in excel, so if you need to make changes to your On Page data you can write it up on the report, review and check it and then upload the changes to site. We find this particularly helpful as a marketing agency to show clients what is (or isn’t) happening on each page.
SentiOne uses machine learning algorithms to give you SEO insights that can help with ranking. SentiOne is not your typical SEO tool as it is more of an analysis tool. SentiOne, for example, listens to different social media platforms and alerts you when someone mentions your brand so you can engage with them. Its algorithms are also powerful for getting content summaries, ranking data, traffic, reach and so much more. While not an SEO tool, you can still use the data it provides for your SEO.
This is another all-in-one SEO automation tool comparable to SEMrush or Ahrefs, although it is less mature. It does really well to help you avoid different SEO tool silos because it brings all the tools you need together into one.
Some of its many automated functions include:
- Competitive research
- Website auditor
- Rank tracking
- Backlink monitoring
- On-page checker and analyzer
- Keyword research
- Marketing plan organization
SEO automation tools can be incredibly useful in helping you avoid the repetitive tasks SEO entails. They save businesses and agencies time and money and can improve ROI if used right.