Every digital marketing campaign has to start with an idea (and if you’re stuck for ideas, read our blog “What to offer in an online marketing campaign” ).
The best way to come up with an irresistible offer is to think about your clients’ “pain points”. What is it they’re having trouble with? Why do they come to you for help? Can you create an opt-in campaign that will help them solve these problems?
For example, if you’re a yoga teacher and many of your clients come to you for stress relief, perhaps you could make a video offering them 3 quick things they can do every morning to lower their stress levels. Don’t worry; this isn’t going to mean they’ll never need your services again. Think of it as a small teaser; a sample of what they’d get if they came to see you. Solving these problems with your products or services is a great way to get people to take you up on your offer, and in return, you get a whole stack of quality new leads.
Brainstorming should give you some ideas for what to offer in a campaign. Wherever the idea comes from, thorough planning is the key to making it successful. You need to think about things like:
- What is the deadline for the campaign? Work backwards and leave enough time for writing, editing and designing the campaign.
- Who’s going to do what? If you’re working in a team, it’s a good idea to designate tasks and work out who’s responsible for each task.
- What is the purpose of the campaign? What are your goals, what do you want to achieve by running this campaign?
- How will you promote the campaign? Which social media channels will you use, when will you post, for how long, how frequently?
- What are your keywords for the campaign?
Planning is crucial to getting your campaign just right and creating an offer that your customers will be delighted with. The overall goal of your campaign should be to obtain a whole lot of new email addresses. These are the contact details of people who have expressed interest in your offer, and therefore should be interested in your products or services. They are willing to receive news, updates and offers from you, and if you sell yourself well enough you should be able to convert at least some of these willing recipients into paying clients.
Need some help getting your campaign up and running? Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. Or check out the free eBook called Planning, Creating & Managing an Online Campaign.